Monday, October 27, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 10/26/14: St. Andrew's, Better Route to Reagan, Eggplant Pasta Sauce

1.  If I drove to Dunn Loring to worship at Holy Cross, I wouldn't see Rev. Betsy Tesi because she was involved in a retreat.  Therefore, I worshiped closer to home at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church in College Park and I loved it.  For starters,the building is, for a USA church, old and built with huge stones and the grounds are colorfully landscaped with a variety of flowers and other foliage.  The church was very welcoming, the liturgy was filled with music, good old hymns and the choir (and the children's choir, and as we waited to go to the communion rail, we were in an aisle with the choir on both sides of us, like standing in headphones.  I'll see Betsy next Sunday.  Then it's off to Kellogg and when I return, Betsy will be done with her interim position, so I'll start worshiping regularly at St. Andrew's.

2.  I drove (trickled down?) to Reagan International Airport to pick up Hiram and drove the more efficient way on the Baltimore-Washington Parkway (295) and then on a couple other spurs ending in -95 and I got the airport in no time.  I'd like to drive this route a few more times and get as acquainted with it as I have become with the Capital Beltway.  I had decided when I picked up the Deke at the airport last Sunday night, not to try this more efficient route at night and went with what I knew better.

3.  I made a pasta sauce with tomatoes, eggplant, red pepper, garlic, fresh basil, and oregano and combined with spaghetti, it worked really well -- and there is plenty leftover, a real plus.

No comments: