Sunday, November 23, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 11/22/14: Making Mom's Life Easier, Blood Pressure Relief, Hall of Fame of Great Guys

1.  The things Mom needs help with adds up a little more all the time.  I can tell that every little think is getting a little more difficult.  Nothing is getting easier.  Today we continued our discussion regarding the height of toilet seats and I have begun looking into both a riser with arms attached and we are looking at the possibility of new and (if possible) higher toilet for her bathroom.

2.  I borrowed Mom's blood pressure monitor today and I got an astronomical reading with the systolic number at 201.  I couldn't believe my eyes and, so, when I went to Wal-Mart to do a little shopping for Mom, I used the blood pressure machine out there and the reading was much, much, much better and saved me a trip to the ER.

3.  The Hall of Fame of Great Guys met at Knott's Landing this evening.  Our numbers were smaller than usual, but Lars, Abby, Donnie, and I had a great time watching some basketball, drinking some beer, eating great snacks, and having grilled cheeseburgers.  We told stories, remembered all kinds of people from our past, got caught up on some stuff, laughed, and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.  It was a great night with great guys.

No comments: