Friday, December 12, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 12/10/14: Thanks to Rita, Thirty-Five Again, Kennel Club Zombie Nation Bucket List

1.  It was with deep gratitude that I said goodbye to Rita.  I am grateful for her generous hospitality, tasty and nourishing meals,  and for our hours of thoughtful conversations ruminating on the past and working to figure out all of the complications of our present lives -- and the future.

2.  As I checked in my suitcase at the Alaska express counter, the woman who took my bag and I overheard a guy at the next agent's station complain about how old he felt after the agent wished him a happy birthday.  He was turning thirty-five.  The agent helping me looked at me, saw my white hair, and I looked at her, seeing the years in the wrinkles in her face and we laughed, both wishing we could be thirty-five again and correct all the stuff we'd done wrong between then and now.  Ha!

3.  After dinner at Gordy's, Christy and I went to the Spokane Arena for the Zags/Cougar tilt.  For the first time in my life, I decided to put one experience on a bucket list.  Before I die, I want to put on a red Zag shirt and join the Kennel Club and jump up and down, cry out, "We. Are. G. U.!", sing, wave my arms up and down in front of me, and put my arms around Kennel Clubbers on each side of me and sway to the pre-game music and halftime music of Zombie Nation.  It's been a long time since I've wanted to be college aged again, but tonight I loved the Kennel Club Zombie Nation choreography so much that I've decided that in a perfect world the Kennel Club would give me a one game invite and let me do their Zombie Nation gig with them!

No comments: