Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 03/17/15: Records, Walking, Coffee and Scone

1.  Because faxes with medical records are not reaching the nurse coordinator of my transplant team, I'm taking matters into my own hands, scanning records and emailing them, getting a hold of my primary doctor and asking him to send stuff, and having some records mailed in hard copy.  It's good I have time to stay on top of this and my hope is that by month's end, depending on when I take the cardio tests, this evaluation will be over and all the proper records will be in the nurse coordinator's safe keeping.

2.  With the temperatures back up to a comfortable level, I walked to the library to pick up a DVD that I ordered on Interlibrary Loan and back home again.  By day's end, counting this walk and my walking around the Whole Foods store in Silver Spring, I racked up over nine thousand steps and over 4.5 miles.  I should add that I continue to lose weight, making life easier for my kidneys.

3.  The best part of shopping at Whole Foods in Silver Spring today was the oatmeal raisin scone and Italian roast coffee I enjoyed when I was done buying a bagful of food items for the pantry.

No comments: