Sunday, March 22, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 03/21/15: Sandy Point State Park, Mom Update, Great Talk with Christy

1.  I took a drive over to Sandy Point State Park just outside Anapolis and enjoyed the Blue Crab trail, a stroll along the beach line, crabbing docks, the view of the Bay Bridge, and taking some pictures, pictures I haven't looked at yet.  The park has acres of parking which makes me think this is a very popular destination during the warmer times of the year.

2.  I had a good talk with Mom and she sounds good, though tired.  I think she sounds tired because people have been so good to her!  It's just great news that friends in Kellogg have been dropping in to check on her and that she's been getting some phone calls.  The visits, the phone calls, the cards she's received all mean the world to her.

3.  I had a good talk with Christy, too.  She's getting the hang of taking care of Mom -- by that I mean getting her pillows arranged when she goes to bed and other caretaking things that Carol has learned how to do and Christy is perfecting.  Christy also told me about changes Mom is willing to make so that more/all of her life is on the main floor of the house and she stays out of the basement.  Christy as shown her sets of stackable washers and driers that would fit in the kitchen and Mom is very interested.  This has been a long time coming and I'm not only relieved, but very happy that Mom is getting serious about making changes that will make her life in her home more safe.

No comments: