Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 04/04/15: Driving to New Jersey, Seeing Adrienne, Glee Erupts

1.  The Deke and I got ourselves pulled together over the course of the morning, got packed, and got in the car and drove to Metuchen, N.J. to see Ted and Sally and to join in on their huge neighborhood Final Four party.  The drive was great.  I really enjoy going around Baltimore, going over the Delaware Memorial Bridge at Wilmington, and joining the traffic on the New Jersey Turnpike. I don't know how long this feeling will last, but driving to New Jersey it's romantic to me.  I have to pinch myself, finding it unreal that I live in Maryland and now can make trips to these states and go by places like Baltimore and Aberdeen and New Brunswick, places I've heard about, read about, but never been so close to in my entire life.

2.  Because I have one last test to take on Thursday to complete my pre-transplant evaluation, I won't be going with the Deke to Nyack to visit Adrienne on Tuesday, but, fortunately Adrienne came to the party so I got to see her and got to meet the great friend she invited to come with her.

3.  Ted and Sally have about a million great friends who all come to their annual Final Four party and I enjoyed being a part of it, especially when the partiers erupted in glee as Wisconsin handed the vaunted, undefeated Kentucky Wildcats their first loss of the season.  Let's just say that among these fans, their least favorite coach in all of NCAA basketball is the always polarizing John Calipari. Personally, I'm not a Calipari hater; rather, I have really liked Wisconsin's basketball program for a long time.  But, in not being strongly anti-Calipari, I was in a strict minority!

No comments: