Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 04/05/15: Easter All Year Long, Easter Feast, Women's NCAA Action

1.  Watching NCAA basketball in the Eastern Time Zone means being up really late, at least it's really late for me.  Consequently, because Ted and Sally and the Deke and I had to leave at noon for a family Easter party, because I slept in a bit, and because I was not really sure where the local Episcopal Church was, I didn't go to church on Easter morning.  I have to say, though, that if there is a holiday that seems to be with me every day of the year, it's Easter.  Every day, in one way or another, whether it's the life/death/life again cycle the world of nature, in healing that takes place in family and friends or others I hear about, or in being aware of people who were dead inside coming to life, every day is a day of resurrection to me and it's Easter all year long.  Yes, I would have enjoyed the joy of the Easter liturgy, but I didn't make it happen and Easter will live with me all year long just the same.

2.  Ted's son hosted an Easter feast at his home in western New Jersey and his father-in-law, a Greek restaurateur, oversaw the cooking and carving of turkey and leg of lamb and it provided the foundation of a magnificent meal.  I also got to have some wonderful conversation with Ted's brother and enjoyed being a part of such a festive dinner party.

3.   I enjoy the women's NCAA tournament, but was dismayed to see the squad fifteen minutes away, the Maryland Terrapins get dismantled by UConn.  At the same time, UConn dazzled me.  The Notre Dame/South Carolina game was great fun and, because I like underdogs, I had really wanted to see the Gamecocks win and it was painful to see them lose with so little time left and to see them unable to get off a good final shot.  I was happy that Ted and Sally and the Deke and I got to watch these games.

No comments: