Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 04/07/15: A Touch of Rick Blaine in the Air, Mass Transit to Greenbelt, Mom Update

1.  Sally and the Deke went out to a knitting store and Ted went into NYC for a car show and I enjoyed the solitude of Ted and Sally's house by watching a bit of Casablanca.

2.  Since I was returning to Greenbelt by myself, I rode the AmTrak from Metropark Station in Edison Township to New Carrollton Station in Maryland and then rode the Metrobus from New Carrollton to the corner stop a short way down the street from our apartment complex.  When Sally dropped me off at the Metropark, she pointed me in the right direction to the station and I had no problem getting on the right train and enjoyed the two and a half hour ride to New Carrollton.  I didn't know quite where the correct bus bay was to catch the G12 bus, and two WMATA employees were most helpful and I arrived to our apartment home around 8:30, relaxed, having let AmTrak and Metrobus do all the work.

3.  Almost immediately upon walking in the door of our apartment home, I called Mom and learned that things are going beautifully.  Yes, she has to be in the arm sling for at least another three weeks, but all the news at her Monday check up was good and she is very happy with the help coming to her house to help her exercise, check on her healing, help clean her house, help her get cleaned up, fixing her food, and spending the night with her.  She spoke glowingly of both Carol and Christy and all the help they have been and is most grateful for friends of hers in Kellogg who have sat and talked with her and helped her out when needed.  Mom is also a bit more capable of doing some things on her own and this also makes her increasingly happy.  You know how there's no crying in baseball -- well, there's no self-pity at Mom's!

No comments: