Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 05/11/15: Laptop Fixed, Air Conditioning Fixed, Eggplant Sandwich Fixed

1.  Saturday evening, I got up from a chair in our living room, with my laptop in hand, to go to our bedroom to lie down. A few feet shy of the bedroom door, I did something I've never done before:  I fainted.  My laptop flew out of my hand and struck a wall in the hall. It was busted.  Today I went to a computer repair and sales place in College Park and found out that the computer's operating system, hard drive, and software were all unharmed, but that I'd busted the laptop's screen/monitor.  I took the machine in at about 12:30 p.m. and the guy had it diagnosed, repaired, and ready for me to bring home at 5:30.  I have felt just fine since the fainting spell -- it was like I just stood up too fast and maybe my blood pressure was low -- and it's always good to have a broken piece of technology back in operation again. (Oh, by the way, when I see my doctor again in June, I'll mention the fainting spell.)

2.  The heat has started to move in to Greenbelt -- and it's started to get humid.  Our apartment home's air conditioning unit was blowing air -- neutral, uncool, kind of worthless air.  The complex here has a maintenance staff on site and the AC guy came over this morning, went into the magic closet where the heat/cooling system's guts are located, and discovered that our AC was not turned on.  He turned it on, returned a while later to make sure all was working.  It was.  It is.  Our apartment home is much more comfortable.

3.  I had intended to build eggplant sandwiches for the Deke and me on Friday.  That idea got delayed until this evening.  I fried slices of eggplant, zucchini, and red pepper.  I piled these on the open, buttered, toasted ciabatta rolls and added slices of feta cheese, fresh basil leaves, and pepperoncinis. it's a great sandwich and the green salad I fixed was a perfect compliment.  (Mayo is an option to dress the sandwich, but not for me.  I've used yellow mustard in the past, but passed on it today.)

No comments: