Friday, July 10, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 07/09/15: Mom to the Doctor, Coma Nap, Unloading and Gin and Tonic

1.  I was up at 4:50 this morning to have some coffee and to let Mom know I was up and at 'em and ready to walk out the door at 6:15 to drive her to CdA for her 7:10 appointment at the pain clinic for a couple of shots. All went well --aside from Mom's doctor being a bit tardy -- and we returned home after a quick stop at Walmart and continued our day.

2.  Those of you who have been reading my Three Beautiful Things lately might have been asking yourself, "Doesn't he ever stop?" When Sister Carol was on her walk this morning, she called out to me from across Cameron Avenue, "Hey! Energizer Bunny!" Ha! Well, late this morning, I did stop and went to the basement at Mom's house and fell into a deep coma nap and it was refreshing and revitalizing.

3.  I needed that refreshment and revitalizing.  Over at Christy's, more boxes needed to come in, more tubs and boxes needed to go to the basement, and the U Haul trailer needed to be unloaded. Paul and Carol came over to provide a huge help. We aren't done quite yet, but we made significant progress and will be able to return the trailer on Friday.  A couple of late afternoon gin and tonics also refreshed me, but I can't say they really revitalized me.  Ha!

No comments: