Thursday, August 27, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 08/26/15: Patrick to NYC, Building a Great Salad, Happy Dogs

Among twenty snowy mountains,
The only moving thing
Was the eye of a blackbird.
                                          -- Wallace Stevens


1.  A quick trip to the Greenbelt Station and Patrick boarded the Bolt Bus and was off to New York City.

2.  Time to use up some goods in the cupboard, so I fixed the cup of couscous I still had as well as the orzo and then started to construct a salad with rice, black beans, sweet peppers, red onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, a touch of lime juice, a sprinkling of red pepper flakes, and some salt.  Huge success.

3.  An expanse of lawn sits outside the back of our apartment building and about four other buildings near ours and the dogs and I walked the circumference of the lawn today and it made them very happy.  If they could talk, they would ask me to do this more often. I'll pretend I can read their minds and we'll do this more often.  They probably wonder why it took me so long to figure out that this would be a good walk for them, especially since it seems to be free of encounters with other dogs -- such encounters drive the corgis nuts and they bark like crazy.

No comments: