Saturday, August 29, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 08/28/15: Cool Morning Air, David's Utter Calm, The Corgis and the Grounds

The blackbird whirled in the autumn winds.
It was a small part of of the pantomime.
                                            -- Wallace Stevens


1.  To get things ready for our trip to Chicago next week, I took the car in to be serviced and walked back home in the cool morning air via the path around Greenbelt Lake:






2. So that Molly and Olivia and Ana could go to the open house this afternoon at Olivia's new school, I stayed with David for about an hour and watched him patiently and meticulously sort through tiny Lego pieces, doing his best to solve construction problems and, when he couldn't solve them, he serenely let go and moved on, without a trace of frustration.

3. The dogs helped me get in over 10, 000 steps today when we once again walked the circumference of the grounds behind our apartment home.  Have I ever posted a picture of this area?  Well, I took one and figure no harm done if I'm repeating myself:



No comments: