Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 11/02/15: Old Man Idealism, Allison's Afternoon at School, Quench and Soup

1. Molly and Allison listened to me spill my guts about what I think matters most in a liberal arts education. It's been a while since I uncorked that bottle of Andre Brut. Turns out I had a lot to say -- maybe too much. Inside myself, I was enjoying how it all took me back to my twenties and those formative, inspiring, and most happy years at Whitworth College.

2. It was grading day at the Deke's school and Allison and I dropped in for a visit and, after I went to Starbucks to get the Deke and Allison some hot refreshments, Allison spent the afternoon in the Deke's classroom.

3.  The Deke and I introduced Allison to the Quench taproom, yakked it up some more, and went over to the Diazes where we almost finished the last of the leftover soup from Friday's soup bar.

No comments: