Saturday, November 21, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 11/19/15: Breakfast with Terry, Rockin' the Interstates, Happy Birthday

1.  So that I could drive in daylight from Gladstone, OR to Kellogg, ID today, I was up at 5 a.m. to do some writing and to wake myself up. Terry was up at 5, too, and he fixed me a tasty breakfast of herbed scrambled eggs with a side of fried chopped bacon, mushrooms, onions, and greens. Perfect.

2. Out there on I-84 somewhere around Rufus I found classic rock on the radio and the miles melted away all the way to Ritzville and beyond with the help of Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Head East, Stevie Nicks, Jackson Browne, Sanford-Townsend Band, Tesla, Kansas, Def Leppard, et. al.  Ha! What a blast!

3. Carol prepared a chicken enchilada dinner for Paul's birthday party. My job was to shake up some tequila, margarita mix, orange juice, a splash of 7-Up, and some ice and pour the members of my family a margarita or two. Another blast!

No comments: