Sunday, February 14, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 02/13/16: Angela Cut My Hair, Cold Day -- Slow Beer, Rice Noodle Ropes and Red Curry

1. I readily admit it. I'm not a sharp dressed man. I don't have well-coiffed hair. But, I had reached my limit of shabbiness over the last week and today the Deke and I went down to the Hair Cuttery and both got haircuts. The best part of the experience for me was having Angela cut my hair -- she's really kind and I like how she cuts my hair. As I've written before, I am very fortunate to have found two wonderful Angelas here in Greenbelt: Angela the phlebotomist and Angela the hair cutter.

2. It was bitterly cold today. The temperatures plunged and a strong wind kicked up. It was a good day to stay indoors and enjoy some more of that great beer we bought yesterday. The Deke and I split a couple 12 oz cans of RaR's Nanticoke Nectar and one 12 oz can of Bell's Hopslam. With these high quality beers, a little bit goes a long way -- and we still have a can of Hopslam in the icebox, as well as three cans of Nanticoke Nectar.  Slowly. Surely.

3. I helped warm up our evening with a big batch of Thai red curry over stir fried tofu, eggplant, sweet potato, gold potato, and mushrooms. I had bought some big rice noodles at Hung Phat a while back and I decided to try those with the curry. They took a bit longer to cook and it was worth the wait. We'll definitely return to these noodles again -- we entered another new frontier in the world of our kitchen.

No comments: