Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 04/11/16: "See You in Six Months", Mom Sounds Good, A Different Pasta Sauce

1. I heard the best news I can hear at my nephrologist appointment today:  "I don't need to see you for six months." Not next month, not in three months, nor in four months, but in six months. I had received the report of my blood work several days before my appointment and I knew my numbers had remained stable and that's what the doc and I are always looking for. So, I'll keep taking my little bit of medicine, flopping around in the swimming pool, going on walks, and getting most of my protein from non-animal sources and hope that in six months, this stability continues.

2. When I returned to our apartment home, I called Mom to let her know that my visit to the kidney doctor had been good and I was happy that she sounded strong and spry and was getting ready to go outside and do some garden work -- yank some weeds here, cut back some junk there, and start getting things ready for some planting later this spring.  She's curtailing her operation, but not shutting it down.

3. Sometimes, after getting good news at the doctor, I'll go somewhere for a bite to eat, but today my eighteen mile drive to Bethesda took nearly an hour on the Beltway, I returned home via Rt. 410 and Rt. 201 -- which worked fine -- but I was tired of being out and so I fixed myself a Greco-Italian bowl of spaghetti, cooking a sauce that combined tomatoes, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, oregano, Parmesan cheese, and Greek seasoning.  I liked it.

No comments: