Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 04/12/16: Sube Serviced, 2016 Tax Plan, Margaritaville

1.  Thankfully, I happened to pop on the a/c in the Sube a couple of weeks ago before it really starts warming up around here and discovered that it was blowing just plain air, not cool air. So, today, it was time for an oil change and so I dropped the Sube off at the Sunoco station and got the oil changed, the a/c serviced, and the brakes inspected.  The brakes are in great shape, the a/c blows cool air, and we are set for another 3000 miles.

2. I felt so giddy about the Sube being serviced that I decided to take care of my Maryland tax situation for 2016. I need to pay estimated tax on my Oregon state pension, so I went to the online site of the Maryland Comptroller and set up four payments spread out over the calendar year. I tend to procrastinate a bit about tasks like this and it's a relief that I got it done.

3. Molly, the Deke, and I met at Chevy's for a school fund raiser and it was fun to pour back a couple of margaritas -- I hadn't had a margarita since last summer -- and to eat a chicken enchilada, chili rellano, and a pork tamale with rice and refried beans on the side.  The place is a cavernous echo chamber with eighties music blaring and a lot of people were out, so it was noisy, but I sank into tequila oblivion, a grin of pleasure spread across my face, and I had a great time.  Molly got to come by herself so it was fun to be able to talk with her uninterrupted by her normal motherly duties.

No comments: