Friday, April 15, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 04/14/16: Angela Cut My Hair, Irish Beef Stew Redux, Rare Evening of Quiet

1. In preparation for Friday's trip to Nyack to see Adrienne, I went to the Hair Cuttery and requested that Angela cut my hair. She seemed glad to see me and was as kind as ever as she efficiently trimmed me up and sent me on my way. I enjoy that I am one of Angela's regular customers and that we get along so well.

2. Since the Deke and I were going to have dinner at the Diazes and drop the dogs off so they could spend the weekend there while we go to New York, I fixed our dinner and decided to cook up the Irish beef stew I made when Julie visited us on St. Patrick's Day.  I'm glad I did.  It was really good again and I'm not sure I'll be making much more of it until in the fall when the weather cools down again.

3. When the corgis are at rest and we peacefully hang out together, they are a comfort and a pleasure. But, by nature, corgis, especially our Maggie, are a breed with a magnified sense of responsibility and our corgis go on scream bark blast when our neighbor across the hall leaves his apartment home, when other people bring their dogs out in the green space behind our apartment for a walk, when the mail is delivered to the mailboxes two levels above us, when any door in our building is knocked on, and -- well, you get the point. This evening, the Deke and I returned home without the corgis. Their absence gave us a rare evening of uninterrupted quiet.

I relished it.

No comments: