Monday, August 2, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 08/01/10: Church Salads, Transformation, Generosity

1. The after worship salad potluck luncheon worked: excellent food and conversation.

2. Evan stopped me at Trader Joe's and explained how deeply the literature we read in Survey of World Literature, especially Rumi and the Tao te Ching, transformed his life. He articulated his appreciation with passionate gratitude. I promised to keep offering these works to my students.

3. Skye came forward with the most generous offers to help me with my photography. Her photography is stunning and she knows the world of lenses and filters and cameras, etc. inside out. It is awfully good of her to offer me her expertise.

1 comment:

Go Figure said...

RP: Ha! Just got my ears clipped as short as yours in your photo! Ha.