Sunday, October 29, 2006

Nuggets #3

Here's a little tour of what I've been enjoying in the vast empire of the World Wide Web lately. Maybe you'd like to take some time and click around with me:

*The plot thickens as Learning the Argentine Tango prepares for her trip to Argentina. I read her blog daily. It's become like a novel for me.

*Likewise, I daily read this blogging husband and wife. None of us outsiders know what's troubling Student of Life and Rapid Eye Reality. But as they sort things out, Student reflects upon her life and Rapid Eye takes us inside LEAF (Lake Eden Arts Festival) here and here in North Carolina and, in a wonderful video (scroll down), plays lovely guitar accompaniment to his little boy at the pumpkin patch. Rapid Eye loves poker. Read all about it!

*If you read my piece on Bar Fights, it's a minor league account in comparison to this fight recorded in Making Flippy Floppy.

*I'm always trying to sort out my Libertarian leanings as a Democrat. Bill Kauffman helps me and he is interviewed in a five-part 2blowhards feature: Part One, Part Two, Part Three, Part Four, Part Five.

I highly recommend checking out 2blowhards daily. They write about and view everything from Tom Jones to remapping the USA, and a whole lot inbetween.

*George W. is trying to figure out a good war slogan at The Dubya Blog.

*Robotic Young Republicans bother Daniel McCarthy at American Conservative.

*It might require more effort than you want, but jbelle shares her no longer secret recipe for meatloaf, the king of comfort foods.

* Do you hear/read words like "woot" or "meh" that you don't know what they mean? Urbandictionary.com will help you keep current.

* I go to Rocketboom's vlog every day to see what Joanne Colan is up to, what she's wearing, what her hair looks like, and, well, whether she's wearing make-up (I always hope she's not). I wouldn't call it a crush. I simply find her lovely and fetching and very interesting.

*Every day, Clare lists and describes Three Beautiful Things from her day. It's an intelligent, insightful approach to blogging. And hopeful....and worth a try.

*Lastly, if you've been wondering, as I always do, what's going on in North Idaho and Eastern Washington, visit Huckleberries Online. You can discuss stuff, too, in this blog's always lively comments feature.



2 comments:

Dubya said...

As usual, yer blog is a font of information an' inspiration. In fact, it's bigger than a font, it's a whole grand style sheet.

Dang, I never did understand that sayin'.

Student of Life said...

Thanks for all the great reading ideas. I need some more good writing to use as procrastination tools.