Thursday, March 27, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 03/27/08: The Say Hey Dog, Calendar, I Found It!

1. When I throw the ball for Snug and Maggie and Charly, Maggie can always snag it the ball out of the air. Snug is almost always out of sync. Today, one time, the ball took a high bounce and the usually awkward Snug snared the ball before it hit the ground. My heart swelled.

2. I spent most of the day figuring out the course calendar for the class MBayless and I team teach. Her part of the course is American Working Class Literature and mine is Composition: Research and it's been an endless quest for me over the last twenty-three years of teaching research of trying to figure out a way to move my students through the process of research and writing in a disciplined and productive way. It's the hardest course I teach, but I keep coming back to it, ready to tackle its challenges again.

3. I found my DVD copy of Harlan County, USA. I thought it was lost, but now it's found and it raised my spirits significantly to have found it!

2 comments:

JBelle said...

Dude, you're on a roll!

Zoe said...

I remember taking that literature class with you and MBayless a few years ago... I really enjoyed it and reread the poem recently that your sharing inspired me to write.

I miss my days at LCC, but they led me to my days at OSU... now I'm busy in the workforce- and planning my return to academia.