Saturday, March 29, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 03/28/08: Press, Work Songs, Wildcats

1. Snug does this thing that InlandEmpireGirl tells me her springers have always done: he lies down in bed with me, arches his back toward my lower or upper legs, and presses himself against me. It's great. His pressing against me is a comfort.

2. I'm getting close to figuring out a small research project for my WR 122 course. For eighteen years previous I've been teaching this course, research has not been a part of it. Now it is. This old dog is having to learn some new ways of doing things. I'm getting there.

3. I started the Davidson/Wisconsin game thinking I was for Wisconsin. I admire Bo Ryan, their coach. I enjoy their lock down defense and patient offense. It wasn't long, though, as the game progressed when I turned turncoat and got caught up in the magic of the Davidson Wildcats and I completely enjoyed how they dismantled the Wisconsin Badgers. I honestly don't see how they can get past Kansas, but. . .

No comments: