Monday, April 28, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 04/28/08: Donut, Snug Improves, Etienne's Conflicts

1. I needed some extra time this morning to get myself together and my team teacher, Margaret, got class going. The extra time allowed me to stop by the cafeteria for a cinnamon donut and that little bit of sugar sweetened my whole day.

2. My adventures playing ball with Snug continue. He's starting to understand gravity better and his timing is improving and he snatches the ball out of the air more often, but still provides plenty of comedy, biting at the ball, chomping on air, and clumsily recovering and picking up the ball off the ground.

3. I read more student essays on Germinal today and some of my students' work made my jaw drop with their deep understanding of the conflicts that churn inside of Etienne, turmoil we, as readers, see and understand, but that Etienne himself has little understanding of himself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, hello, hello, how low?

I wish I could hear you lecture on this one. You know this stuff far too well. Like Cobainesque but without the hubris.