Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 11/22/11: Ponder, Reconcile, Pork

1.  I had a classroom situation where I could have reacted defensively, and instead I replied to a confrontational remark, "Well, ponder that some more.  I don't really have a response."

2.  The book The Souvenir is helping A. sort out things in relation to her father and giving her insight into their developing reconciliation. 

3.  I marinated a three pound pork shoulder roast for over twelve hours in Stubb's Smokey Mesquite BBQ sauce and then slow cooked the roast for about twelve hours.  I poured the sauce that bubbled around the roast over my baked potatoes and over the pork and complemented the meat and potatoes with green beans.  It was a delicious dinner.  Samantha ate baked potato only.  No problem.

No comments: