Sunday, July 11, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 07/10/2021: Yoke's and The Bean, Ginger at The Lounge, Korean Rice Bowl and Home Early

 1.  We are having family dinner on Monday because Carol and Paul will be Sunday evening's worship leaders at the Prayer Station in Wallace. I buckled down a little bit this morning and figured out what I need from the store to make my contributions and went to Yoke's. As good fortune would have it, Linda L. was also at Yoke's, picking up the sandwiches she ordered for today's reunion picnic. We talked for a bit about how wonderful and fun the atmosphere had been on Friday night, both at the Elks and at the Lounge. The 1970-71 reunion was definitely off to a superb start.

After shopping, I stopped in at The Bean and ordered lox, onion, cream cheese, and capers on a plain bagel and a bottle of San Pellegrino. I got it to go and this late breakfast brought my morning to a tasty, refreshing, and nourishing close. 

2. I shot the breeze with Debbie for a while on the phone this afternoon and then headed uptown to the Lounge with the idea that I'd get dinner from Wah Hing. But, Wah Hing took a week off. Ginger was in the house, though, and we hadn't debriefed after her fantasy baseball team shellacked mine a week ago and so I showed her my battered body, my bruises and scars, and we had a good session of solid bs before she left to meet a friend at the Longshot. 

3. I needed to eat dinner, so I told Cas I'd be back in a while, but that I was going up to Radio Brewing for some supper. Molly was working and it was fun to see her in action, seeming to stay very calm as the joint got busier and busier. I ordered a small pour of cream ale and just as my beer arrived, I learned that since Radio is out of their own lager and pilsner, they had just put a German lager and a German pilsner on tap. 

I ordered a delicious Korean rice bowl with steak and paired it with the excellent German lager I'd just learned about. I finished my food, paid up, and headed back to the Lounge.

I had a good time talking with Nathan, Seth, and Cas about baseball -- reaching back into baseball history was really fun -- and, at about 8:00, I headed home. If I had more stamina, I might have stuck around to see if any people from the 1970-71 reunion buffet at the Hilltop might migrate back to the Lounge, but I don't have the staying power now that I did when I was younger. I don't know what, if anything, I missed later at the Lounge, but I was glad to have chosen discretion over valor and didn't wear myself out. 

No comments: