Sunday, July 1, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 07/01/07: Curry, Party, Potato Salad

1. I'm a little rusty when it comes to cooking. I used to cook all the time. I need to get back to it. Today I made a chicken curry dish to take to a party of members of our ENG 257/WR123 class. I enjoyed cooking it. Very much.

2. The party was lovely. Quiet. One drunk appeared, who didn't stay long, not one of our students. Conversations were good. We laughed a lot. Kelly Mac did something I've never experienced at a potluck. She had been running a yard sale for a former employer and she brought boxes of things left over and let anyone who wanted anything take it for free. Some people scored!

3. Reba had not been able to come to a previous party. When she thought she could come, she told me she would bring potato salad. I had keenly anticipated eating her potato salad. She brought it today. Yum! I even got to bring some home! Good job, Reba. And thank you for the leftovers!

3 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

I hope you are enjoying that left over potato salad. I wonder would it would take to get Mom to make some tomorrow?

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

Sounds like a great event. I hope you made enough chicken curry for your family also. (That's what I usually do if I have an event. Double the amount, some for taking, some for staying at home.)

Remind me as the time approaches, and I will make some of my potato salad. I have created a dill potato salad that my family loves. (They never cared for sweet & tart cucumber chips, like the ones I used to put into my salad). So I developed a recipe around the Nally's Banquet Dill pickles. (They recently changed the name, but we can still find 'em.)

Anonymous said...

The potato salad was all symbolic... the potatoes represented the members of our class, blended into one, yet still distinguishable as individual little potato chunks. The mayo and pickles are of course you and Margaret... the base which holds us together, gives us flavor, and makes us work as one. The pickles, of course, are the memories and conversations we had throughout our term, at the party, and over our blogs, e-mails, and forum chats.

Overall, a recipie for pure goodness.

Glad you enjoyed it Bill.