Sunday, July 8, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 07/08/07: Gift, Genius, Keys


1. I dropped by Sparky's today to pick up Ian Pollock's illustrated version of the unabridged King Lear. It's called Graphic Shakespeare and presents the story as a graphic novel, but it's a graphic play. Beautiful.

2. Sparky and I talked and talked while she steamed an artichoke for Brook Adams' 50th birthday party. We talked about King Lear in Jungian terms. We talked about her editing of the script. She does beautiful editing, keeping the poetry alive, while making it more streamlined and more accessible for student actors. She's a genius.

3. It's so fun to make little podcasts. I made one today of InlandEmpireGirl's poem "Digging for Keys." It's posted below and will have a long stay in the right hand margin of this blog. I hope many readers of this blog will take the minute it takes to listen to this poem and enjoy its rich detail and the lovely way my sister concludes the poem.

1 comment:

Christy Woolum said...

Wow! When I listen to you read my poem it almost doesn't seem like it is mine. Thanks so much for putting it here in your voice.