Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 07/10/07: Prosser, Wal-Mart, Rump Roast

1. I had never traveled along the Yakima River, west on I-82 to Prosser, WA until today. Why did I travel up the modest hillocks of this farm and wine land today? I missed an exit. I racked up fifty miles I didn't need to travel. My error was fortunate. The verdant farms and vineyards along the colbalt calm of the Yakima River enchanted me.

2. I made my first visit to the Smelterville Wal-Mart Superstore. I was disappointed when I arrived: no greeter. I was also disappointed that the store did not carry Paul Newman's Limeade. Inland Empire Girl wanted to try it out. Everything else seemed in order, though, and I marveled that the Smelterville I've known all these years, the Smelterville of Johnny's Bar, the Happy Landing, the Wheel, Wayside Market, and other modest markets and taverns, now is home to a Wal-Mart. It's cool to me.

3. I'm back home. Mom had so much Kellogg news to catch me and InlandEmpireGirl up over barbequed rump roast at dinner and my sisters and I took over Silver Valley Girl's dining table and did what all siblings across the nation do on a late Tuesday evenng in July: we blogged. You can see the picture here.

2 comments:

Mommy Dearest said...

The Smelterville Wal-Mart? I am so jealous. I've heard good things about that store. Like it's less crowded that the Post Falls Wal-Mart. By the way, our local store has at least TWO greeters at any given time at BOTH entrances. Maybe they need to send a couple to the Valley. Hope you enjoy your time home.

JBelle said...

okay what's the recipe for this barbecued rump roast?