Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 07/25/07: Blowhard Blogging-Positivity, Lost Nephew, More Introverted Happiness

1. I check in at 2Blowhards every day to see what those middle-aged, graying amateurs are thinking about and today I was featured in a very positive way at the top of Michael Blowhard's first of what will be a series of "blogging-positivity". Here's what Michael said to kick off the series:
Enough with the negativity and mockery. The Communicatrix, Chelsea Girl, and Raymond Pert have shown me the way: Blog about something positive from time to time, damn it. Good for the mental health, and probably a ray of sunshine for visitors too. . . . Besides, it takes more guts to open up about what moves you than it does to scorn things.
Every once in a while, word comes back to me that my daily Three Beautiful Things has an impact. I'm very happy that M. Blowhard recognizes the guts it takes to open up about what moves me.

2. I found the myspace page and blog of a fella who was my nephew from 1979, when he was born, until 1981, when my first marriage dissolved. I learned a lot about how he is doing and about his father, my former brother-in-law, and their family. It was a bit of serendipity in this funny blog world that led me to his stuff. I really enjoyed finding out how he's doing.

3. The Deke has been hanging out at Mom's for the last five days and has done what we introverts love most: secluding herself in the basement or upstairs in the TV room and watching television. She loves Law and Order and The Closer and other crime dramas. I went to Mom's for dinner tonight and marveled at how relaxed and rested the Deke looks. She confirmed she feels rested and relaxed. She had a perfect vacation here in Kellogg. She hardly did a thing. She and I had some good time visiting and eating with my mom. Otherwise, she took time to herself to recharge and get herself ready to travel on Monday to West Point to see her daughter Adrienne and her husband Nathan. I'm very happy we live this way.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"she (the deke) hardly did a thing"

taught zoe how to set up, thread, and use her sewing maching.

collected enough fabric bits for Zoe to make a purse.

took Zoe to Walmart.

made Mary Idell two hand-crocheted dish cloths.

repaired silvervalley girl's skirt so that she could wear it in the melodrama

worked in silvervalleygirl's kitchen for two hours.

bought several get well cards to send to my mother over the next few weeks.

watched seventeen episodes of Law and Order.

talked with an aunt I never see for over an hour.

completed the rough draft of a paper I need to submit for my online graduate course in literacy foundations.

raymond pert said...

oops