Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 07/04/07: Jaco, Birthday Girl, Quiet

1. Hiram let me download some music off of his external hard drive and I am enraptured by bassist Jaco Pastorius. Here is a video of him along with a drummer and pianist performing "If You Could See Me Now". It's lyrical, impassioned, sublime.



2. Yesterday was Silver Valley Girl's birthday. Her play opened (read more here) and her birthday dinner was tonight. I called Kellogg twice for updates on the good cheer, good play, and good times. It was heartening to hear everyone so happy and so pleased with how well the play was performed last night. Sounds like Silver Valley Girl's debut in the world of playwriting was a triumph!

3. Ah! A quiet Fourth of July. My favorite way to spend this holiday. Although I can hear bursts of fireworks starting as I write this, the day has been one of quiet, reading, listening to music, napping, and a cool walk in the late morning with Snug (photos here).

1 comment:

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

I like a quiet 4th. We actually went boating in the evening and I had a blast. No parade for me, no fireworks this year. Lots of computer time and reading. Ah! Oh, yea and T-bone steaks - too bad I incinerated the potatoes. I forgot to turn the grill down after I lit it. They were black - "toasty" and hour later. . . good thing husband had a can of soup while he was at work.

Yea, he worked. Wanted to put in a few hours for extra $$. (Paid for the T-bones!)