Saturday, April 16, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 04/15/11: Work at Home, Beefy Breakfast, Electric "Shrew"

1.  I don't teach on Fridays, but it's a work day.  Today I wanted to work at home and rest.  I took a day of sick leave and rested and graded papers.  I'm grateful to be able to decide to do this every once in a while.

2.  My day was substantially nourished by my breakfast:  ground chuck, potatoes, and sweet onions fried together, a couple of eggs, and two pieces of buttered toast.  I don't often think of having ground beef for breakfast and when I do, it really hits the spot.

3.  From my perch, where Christopher Sly enjoys the whole play being performed for him, tonight's performance of "The Taming of the Shrew" was electric, and, in fact, I was happy with my contribution. 

No comments: