Friday, November 30, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 11/29/07: Loss/Gain, Fifty Cents, Handwarmer

1. WR 121 regular class meetings ended today for my Tuesday/Thursday classes. All quarter long we have been studying and discussing loss, survival, and reconciliation. In today's discussion, Coleen explained how she has learned from the books we've read that loss can often mean gain. I really liked that insight a lot.

2. I talked with Jake about a couple of his papers today at during our class' short break. I left my money at home. I asked him I could borrow fifty cents for a cup of coffee. He graciously complied.

3. I came in the house, plastic Albertson's bags hanging off my cold hands, and Snug ran up to me and licked my hands, warming them like only a dog can.

1 comment:

Desert Diva said...

A lot of people train their dogs not to lick, but I even let my dog Cali lick my face (which she usually does first thing in the morning upon awakening). Sometimes, when she wants attention she'll come up to me and lick my hand. I had a chow-chow that I trained to "lick" instead of bite (even playfully) on my hand.