Sunday, February 24, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 02/24/08: Cinemagic, Making Movies, Shaft

1. Cinemagic is the movie soundtrack channel of XM Satellite radio and I enjoyed listening to music soundtrack after soundtrack of movies that have won Oscars over the years.

2. It's funny listening to music from the movies: I hadn't seen several of the movies whose music came over Cinemagic, and yet I found myself imagining scenes from the movies, as if the music led me to creating a movie for myself.

3. Listening to movie soundtracks led me to go to YouTube and search for Isaac Hayes singing "The Theme from Shaft". I didn't find what I most wanted, Hayes' 1972 performance at the Oscars in his chainmail vest. I'm a bit embarrassed by how oddly and deeply moved I am by Hayes performing "Shaft".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of music from movies, my latest passion is the independent film "Once," which just won an academy award for original song. I loved this movie, and the music from it is so, so moving. I think you'd like it, oh brother of my brother.

Anonymous said...

that's a little creepy. I mean what does it do for you that ti moves you so much? chainmail? what are you into?