Saturday, February 16, 2008

While I Wasn't at Blogfest '08

Many of the people who post and blurk at Huckleberries Online got together at Capone's in Midtown Coeur d'Alene for pizza, soda, drinks, the satirical hi-jinx of Doug Clark, and, most important, for a time to have a party and get acquainted off line.

Until North Idaho got jack hammered by an epic winter, I had planned to drive to Coeur d'Alene this weekend to enjoy Blogfest '08 and to get to know a bunch of people whose writing I've been enjoying for the last year and a half.

Having stayed home, I spent the day in Eugene and Florence with Snug. We topped off our day by going to Heceta Beach, just north of Florence,and enjoying the sunset.

I've enjoyed the pictures I've seen of Blogfest at Huckleberries Online and at the personal blogs of many of the participants.

Since I can't post pictures from Blogfest '08, I'll post pictures of what I saw while I wasn't at Blogfest:







5 comments:

Idaho Dad said...

While BlogFest was fun, I thing I would've preferred your day on the beach! That's my kind of Saturday.

Faith said...

Love the pics and as I've already told you, I would have LOVED to be at Heceta Beach. I think, however, if I had the choice between the two and could have gotten there, I would have chosen to be in Coeur d' Alene. I feel a catch in my chest with the longing for it!

Katrina said...

Beautiful pictures! You were at the top of the list of people I wanted to meet, so I'm sad you and your sisters didn't make it, but it was fun, anyway. Maybe next year you and Snug can put in an appearance...

MarmiteToasty said...

Beautiful photos...... I would of loved to of gone to Dingleberries Blobfest.... but I would also of loved to have been amongst your photos at the beach.....

I to would love to meet you MrP and ya sisters..... and YOUR MUM :) oh and snug of course, that goes without saying...

x

Christy Woolum said...

I love Oregon coast pictures. I hope to do a photo collection when we tour the Gorge over spring break.