Sunday, September 23, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 09/22/2012: Back to Bloggin', Courthouse Picture Stroll, Out of the Cooler

1.  I am trying to keep myself writing on my blog again.  I'm going to do my best to write often, maybe not every day, but often.  I've posted pieces the last two days and I've enjoyed knowing that some people read what I wrote, I enjoyed being welcomed back, and I enjoyed even pleasing some readers.  That's motivating.  I am especially happy that my writing about her family pleased Skye so much.

2.  Russell and I took pictures over by the U. S. Courthouse in Eugene this afternoon and it was a boon.  The sunflowers, the courthouse, an industrial plant across the street, and a variety of other subjects made for a great couple of hours of picture taking.  I haven't looked at my photographs yet, but I sure had fun taking them, however they turned out.

3.  The Deke and I went to Sixteen Tons to discuss our future.  Well, we talked about the present a little bit, too, but we are trying to get a sense of what the next 5-10 years might look like.  It was a great talk and a relaxing time, aided in no small part, for me, by a can of Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout, a can of Steigl, and a can of someone's Pilsner.  It was American, but, for the life of me, I don't remember the brewer.  I'm an amateur beer drinker.  That's why I forget these things!  I enjoyed buying beers out of the Sixteen Tons cooler, a fun change from ordering from the taplist. 

No comments: