Saturday, January 9, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 01-08-21: Blood Work, Sibling Outing Plans, Sunday Dinner Plans BONUS A Limerick by Stu

1. Well, it's that time again. I have an appointment with my kidney doctor on Wednesday, so I scurried up to the clinic this morning to have blood work done. It was a bit of a trial. Tracy has drawn blood from me many, many times since I moved to Kellogg and never had a problem, but today she couldn't quite get the poke right. She was embarrassed. I think she felt snake bit. She had Stephanie come in to give drawing my blood a try and she was successful. I've experienced this difficulty other places where I've had my blood drawn and learned long ago that if I sit quietly, repeat the words, "No problem" and "We'll get it", that, in time, blood comes out of my veins into the tubes.

2. Saturday, January 9th, is Christy's birthday and she told Carol and me that she wants to go on a Sibling Outing for her birthday. We had a plan in place for us to put on protective gear and ride together to Spokane, walk around Manito Park, and then eat in an outdoor heated area at Republic Pi, but things started getting complicated because of the virus and we decided to postpone the Spokane trip. So, instead, we will pile into Christy's new Outback, wear protection, and drive up the river, make stops, take pictures (I think), head to Wallace, purchase lunch to go somewhere, and return to Kellogg and eat together at Carol and Paul's. 

3. I volunteered to make spaghetti and meatballs for Christy's (day after) birthday dinner/family dinner on Sunday, fulfilling her request on this special day.  I don't think I've ever made meatballs before, but I found a recipe in one of my America's Test Kitchen books, What Good Cooks Know, for marinara sauce and meatballs and it looks like one I can successfully pull off. So, I've made a shopping list and will soon head over to Yoke's, stock up, and get to work on this meal. 


Here's a limerick by Stu: 

Just WHAT THE HECK is the deal? 
Not thinking, just act how they feel. 
Can’t tell truth from the lies, 
Don’t agree, must despise. 
And for those hurt or worse, all too real!

No comments: