Thursday, January 28, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 01-27-21: New Bearings, New Puzzles, New Soup and The Three Degrees

1. I took the Sube over to Silver Valley Tires first thing this morning and a few hours later picked it up. It now has new bearing on the front wheels.

2. I finished a book of American history-themed acrostic puzzles a couple of days ago and now I've unearthed a book of 50 acrostic puzzles published by The New York Times. The Times puzzles are more difficult. I need more search engine help while working them. I try to limit myself to about three lookups. Usually, that's enough.

3. I chopped up some bacon in a pot today and fried it along with a chopped onion and some celery. About ten or fifteen minutes later, I added water and a bunch of pinto beans I had soaked and cooked earlier. I seasoned my bacon bean soup with salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and oregano. To thicken the soup, I mashed up some of the beans. It worked. It made for a soothing, warming dinner this evening after I was on the phone with Debbie for about 45 minutes while I imagined, in the background, The Three Degrees singing, "When Will I See You Again?". 

Ha! I didn't really imagine that. I'm trying to be funny. 

No comments: