1. Christy, Carol, Paul, and I congregated at the Roberts' house at 2 p.m. today for family dinner. There's a lot going on among our family members for the next three months: play rehearsals for Carol and Paul and then performances, rehab and appointments for Christy, trips to Spokane for readings and classical music for Debbie and me, and out of town travel for Carol and Paul and, separately, a trip to Cincinnati for Debbie and me.
Consequently, our accustomed times for family dinner aren't going to pan out, so we are getting together on whatever days and at whatever times we can to squeeze in a meal.
2, As Christy rehabs and recovers, Carol and Paul's house works the best as our family dinner home base.
I, however, was in charge of the meal and I made a beef stroganoff sauce to put over egg noodles that Carol prepared. Carol also prepared a leafless salad with vegetables from her garden and I made a side dish of lemon couscous and broccoli.
We began our meal with grapes Paul grew, recently picked pears, and mixed nuts.
Carol and Paul had handful, at least, of partially filled containers of ice cream/gelato and all of us got to choose what we wanted scooped into our bowl from this buffet of frozen treats.
3. I arrived home around 5:00 from our afternoon meal exhausted.
I had a lot of cleaning up to do in the kitchen, living room, and bathroom in preparation for Debbie's early Saturday afternoon arrival, and pushed myself to get some of it done.
I took breaks.
I fell asleep while resting.
I gave up and resolved to go to bed and get right back to work first thing Saturday morning and complete the tasks I didn't finish today.
My system seems worn out and in need of rest and sleep as it continues to work on my body's behalf to get rid of this bug that's been wailing away inside me for the last ten or eleven days.
The bug is almost gone, but my need for rest and sleep, like the Dude, abides.
No comments:
Post a Comment