Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Walk in Hendricks Park

Mild spring weather broke out today in Eugene. Snug and I leaped in the Honda and glided out to southeast Eugene to the wooded Hendricks Park. This time of year, Hendricks Park is renown for its rhododendrons and azaleas. Alas, the trails winding through these bushes is off limits to dogs, so Snug and I headed the opposite way, into the woods:




The trees stretched eyes upward. Sometimes, though, things closer to the ground caught my eye. I liked the way the sunlight highlighted this wee fern growing out of this tree's trunk:


I also enjoyed delicate wildflowers:


Of course, moss covered logs and trees throughout the park:




Ivy also smothered logs and stumps:




Most important, beyond flowers and trees and moss and ivy, Snug enjoyed himself:

3 comments:

MGM said...

The Husband and I have had many a walk at Hendrick's this time of year (and other times of year as well). This time of year is the best with the Rhodies and Azaleas. I'm beyond envious!

Katrina said...

Oh, my. Beautiful!!! Snug is looking mighty fine, too. Tell him I said so.

Christy Woolum said...

Picture two of the trees is my absolute favorite. Tell Snug is is looking good. When I see this series of pictures it reminds me of a phrase Pert Woolum coined, " Geez Dick.... it so green there in Oregon and the foliage is so thick you can stick in your hand and lose it." or something to that effect.