Saturday, December 27, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 12/27/08: Psychic Sister, Lovely Teller, Birthday Dinner

1. I've had my eye on Dennis Lehane's novel "The Given Way" ever since I heard it discussed on the radio, and miraculously, I opened my birthday gift from InlandEmpireGirl and she gave me this very book! We'd never discussed it. She can't remember why she chose it. I think she's psychic. :)

2. There's a teller at the credit union where I bank whom I always enjoy. When I walked in to make some deposits today, her station was the only one available and it was a sweet, serendipitous birthday gift.

3. I fixed myself birthday dinner instead of going out. It was simple: pot roast, mashed potatoes, and a fried mixture of corn, mushrooms, and bacon. I thought about having a glass of wine, but I knew I'd be done for the evening if I drank wine. So, I enjoyed Gravenstein apple juice instead, and it complemented the beef, bacon, and vegetables perfectly. I was so warmly sated by this meal that I changed my plans of going out to see "Milk" and relaxed at home, warmed by this simple meal.

1 comment:

Christy Woolum said...

It sounds like a delicious birthday dinner. I hope you had a good day!