Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 04/17/18: Spiffing Up the House, Off to GEG, Driving the Deke Back to the Valley

1. I got up this morning and figured what with the Deke coming home this evening, it would be the perfect day to clean the house. I cleaned the stove, counters, dishwasher, sink, refrigerator (inside and out); I dust mopped the floors, vacuumed the living room rug, and cleaned the bathroom; I laundered our bedding and made the bed. I wrapped things up by going to the store and purchasing the groceries the Deke had asked me to have on hand. I put the groceries away and surveyed the house, satisfied with a good day's work. The place looked pretty good.

2. I took off for the Spokane airport (GEG) a little bit early so that I could fuel up in Coeur d'Alene and grab a sandwich, having sort of forgotten to eat a meal during the day.

3.  I parked in the cell phone parking lot and wasn't there very long before a text message chimed in and I read the magic words, "Got my bag".  I revved up the Sube and blasted my way to the terminal. The Deke swung her bag into the Sube and leapt in the front seat. We briefly embraced and soon we were headed to the Silver Valley, gabbing about the Deke's trip, family news in both the east and the west, how things are in Kellogg, and what we've each listened to lately regarding the news.  We arrived home tired, happy to be back together, and looking forward to a good night's sleep and being able to talk some more over our coffee in the morning.

No comments: