Friday, October 25, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 10/24/19: Sprinkler Blow Out, No Gas Leak, Crossword Puzzles

1. I wanted to be home when the guy came to blow out our sprinklers. His company told me he'd call and let me know what time he'd arrive. And that's what happened. He called around 3:00 or so and arrived, blew out the sprinklers -- it didn't take long -- and he was gone.

2. While doing his job, the sprinkler guy told me thought he could smell gas outside the house. I called Avista and guy came over to check it out. Everything is fine. The Avista guy thinks the sprinkler guy smelled the odor that comes through the vent whenever the furnace first kicks on.

3. Not too many weeks ago, I bought a book of 200 Wednesday NYTimes crossword puzzles. Wednesday puzzles are medium level puzzles. That's just right for me, and, today, while I waited for the sprinkler guy, I worked two or three of these puzzles. It was a perfect way to follow up on playing trivia in Spokane Wednesday night -- and, who knows? Possibly it was good training for the next time I play trivia.


No comments: