Thursday, December 24, 2020

Three Beautiful Things 12-23-20: Mac Pages Project, Flowers, Back to an Anacrostic Puzzle

 1. I can't say much about it right now -- it would spoil a surprise -- but, as a new Mac user, I opened up Pages and completed, for the first time, a low key graphics project. Figuring it out and making it work gave me way more pleasure and sense of accomplishment than such a simple project warranted, kind of like the first time I folded and cut a paper snowflake in elementary school. 

2. I also feel way too much pleasure and sense of accomplishment when I do online orders correctly, but I wanted to order flowers today and needed to figure out a floral shop to order from in the city where the recipients live, select an arrangement, and do the order correctly. I received confirmation of my order, so I am going to let myself believe I succeeded in making it happen. I will go ahead and enjoy my overwrought sense of accomplishment, kind of like what I felt when I scored my first basket for our sixth grade basketball team, no doubt thanks to an assist from point guard Hugh Crozier. 

3. One of the things I've been doing over the last several months to make spending so much time by myself a pleasure is to complete acrostic puzzles. For the last several weeks or so, though, I've been so occupied with reading history, watching college basketball games, cooking, listening to podcasts, and other satisfying activities, that I haven't worked any puzzles. I changed that tonight. When I went to bed, I got another puzzle started instead of reading myself to sleep. I haven't quite finished it, but when I do, I am sure it will give me a great sense of accomplishment, kind of like when I spelled the word "rhythm" correctly in an elementary classroom spelling bee. 

No comments: