Sunday, December 27, 2020

Three Beautiful Things 12-26-20: Zags Cream the Cavs, FaceTime with Debbie, Salad Dinner

 1.  I spent much of the morning in anticipation of what I thought might be a competitive basketball game early in the afternoon between Gonzaga and Virginia. 

It wasn't. The Zags blasted Virginia, 98-75. 

From the get to, the Zags blistered Virginia. Virginia started the game with a turnovers on consecutive possessions. The Zags turned them all into points and streaked to an early double digit lead and never looked back. The bulk of Gonzaga's scoring came from red hot Corey Kisbert (32 points) and the crafty, powerful production of Drew Timme (29 points) in the paint. The Zags' teamwork, ball movement, speed up and down the court, and joy playing together made the game fun to watch. 

2. Debbie and I, for no good reason, have never jumped on FaceTime together until today. We had an easy conversation this afternoon. Jack came on briefly and introduced me to his new lizard, Billy Bob. I think Billy Bob is a bearded dragon, but I'm not sure. Debbie updated me on a variety of things happening around the Langford house -- Ellie becoming more independent, Jack back at school a couple days a week,  Adrienne and Josh working away at their jobs, Debbie's new books to read, and more. 

We might do this FaceTime thing more often, now that we broke the ice!

3. I had a quart of Mediterranean Chopped Salad left over from Christmas Day -- well, truth be told, I didn't eat any of it on Christmas -- and so I had a very satisfying salad dinner tonight. I added ribbons of salami to my salad tonight and was very happy I came up with this idea. I also finished my delicious plate of frosted sugar cookies from Christy and, before I went to bed, I enjoyed two slices of Carol's fruitcake with a cup of Ghirardelli hot chocolate. 

I closed out the night reading a restaurant review in the latest issue of The New Yorker and, as I fell asleep, visions of Old World styled bagels danced in my head. 


No comments: