Sunday, August 21, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 08-20-2022: This Old Dog Learns a New Trick, Mirth and Merriment at The Lounge, Patio Party

 1. I decided to venture into uncharted territory today. I went to YouTube and watched a video in which a patient woman clearly explained how to fold a fitted sheet. I've been doing my own laundry now for over forty years and every time I've taken a fitted sheet out of the drier, I've just made into a wad and stuffed it into a closet. Today, I followed the fitted sheet teacher's instructions and, although I didn't fold the sheet with the grace and beauty of the YouTube pro, I succeeded.

2. Around 4:00, Debbie and I headed up to the Inland Lounge. As time went by and as I enjoyed a couple bottles of the Champagne of Bottled Beer along with a couple shots of Pendleton's 1910 Rye Whisky with a few ice cubes, I had a great time yakkin' with a splendid bunch of people. I got to chew some fat with Cas.  Debbie and Julie C. launched into some serious gabbing. Brett F. came in for a beer and we did some first-rate yakkin'. Before long, Dick and Renae rolled in, just ahead of Mike P. and Julie Z. Dick called me "Gene Gene the Dancin' Machine" because he knew I'd joined my classmates in doing some fun dancing to Dirty Betty at our HillTop Inn reunion party. Harley B. told me stories about going off the road in his log truck years ago. Things really went into overdrive when Diane T. arrived and she and Debbie ordered some food from Wah Hing that came with an Hibachi grill. Fitz and DeAnne strolled in -- I didn't get to talk with them, but said farewell when it was time to leave. 

The mood in The Lounge was cheerful. People were uber enjoying one another. It was a great scene.

3. After our fun time at The Lounge drew to a close, Diane brought her dogs down to our house to see Gibbs. Christy joined us a little later and we had a great party on the patio. Diane took over the bartending duties and made Old Fashions just the way she likes them for herself, Debbie, and Christy and I enjoyed some Bulleit bourbon over ice with orange bitters. We had a great time yakkin' about all kinds of stuff, enjoying the dogs -- who behaved very well --, and feeling more and more comfortable by the minute as the sun descended and the air cooled down.  

I'm happy to report that the patio worked great for our party and that it's looking more and more all the time like we made a good move having this area redone in the back yard. 

No comments: