Friday, August 26, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 08-25-2022: Got My Teeth Cleaned, A Day with Miss Marple, Yellow Curry for Dinner

 1. I spent about 45 minutes or so under the care Kathy M. today over at the dentist's office. She poked, prodded, scraped, cleaned, measured, rinse, and vacuumed and afterward my mouth felt fresh and she said things looked good.

2. I spent a lot of time today entertaining myself. I decided to go almost all in with Margaret Rutherford after watching her as the eccentric medium in Blithe Spirit. I watched three of her Miss Jane Marple movies today. She appeared in four of them between 1961 and 1964. Today I watched Murder, She Said (1961), Murder at the Gallop (1963), and Murder Most Foul (1964). All of the movies follow pretty much the same story line. A murder occurs. The official police either rule the death wasn't murder, accuse the wrong person of committing it, or can't figure it out. Then, with the help of librarian Mr. Stringer, Miss Jane Marple investigates the cases by involving herself in the day to day life of people either related to the victim or, in one case, members of a theater company. By being intimately involved in their lives as a maid, a guest at an inn, and new member of the acting troupe, Miss Marple can sleuth around in ways the official police and detectives can't and it's a riot to watch. 

3. We had a cooler day today and rain fell. I hadn't made any curry for a while, so I made a pot of yellow curry sauce with shrimp and onion and cooked up some rice. I got about three quarters of the way into the cooking process and realized I hadn't put any potatoes in the sauce. I regretted this oversight when I ate my dinner. The flavor of the curry sauce is good, but it lacked the substance the potatoes would have provided. Friday, I'll boil some potatoes and add them to the sauce. 

No comments: