Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 08-16-2022: Giving in to Copper, Matinee at the Dirty Dog Saloon, I Wasn't All There

 1. Ha! So when Gibbs and I retire for the night, I close the bedroom door and then Copper and Luna can spend time in the living room and kitchen as well as the Vizio room. Copper and Luna are much happier when they have access to the bedroom and they'll have access again when Debbie returns from Eugene in the next few/several days. 

At 4 a.m. this morning, Copper started clawing at the bedroom door, wanting in. 

I made a snap decision. 

I got up, fixed myself coffee, and got my day started in the usual way with word puzzles and blogging and Luna, Copper, and I kept each other company for two or three hours before it came time to let Gibbs out of the bedroom.

I don't do well over the course of a day on so little sleep, so around noon or so, I fell into a nap-coma. 

2. When I woke up from my deep sleep, I received a text message invitation from Cas to go up to the Dirty Dog Saloon for a beer or two (or four). The Dirty Dog definitely had a neighborhood bar vibe this afternoon. Several people came and went, the conversations were quiet, and people were friendly. It was relaxing and enjoyable. I don't think I'd ever been to the Dirty Dog mid-afternoon and it worked for me. 

3. I returned home and ate all the pasta salad that was left from family dinner last night and tuned in late to Bill Davie's weekly live broadcast of Poetry Break. I wasn't as attentive after my trip to the Dirty Dog as I normally would be so I'm thinking that at some point I'm going to go back and listen to this show in its entirety, free of the after effects of matinee beer drinking at the Dirty Dog. 

No comments: