Thursday, October 8, 2026

Three Beautiful Things 10-08-2026: Assessing, Shopping Together, Relaxing Stir Fry

 1. Over the course of our marriage, Debbie and I have had periods of time when we needed to take stock of our finances, travel plans, the condition of our house and talk about these things and schedule meetings with professionals. 

It's time well spent and there's more to come as we do our best to realistically assess where things are and how we want to move forward. 

It really helps that we are very experienced at working together (twenty-nine years) and that we get along! 

2. Debbie and I both make shopping trips to grocery stores, but I don't recall the last time we went grocery shopping together. We had an appointment uptown today (not at The Lounge -- it wasn't open!) and shopped together at Yoke's on our way home. 

Nothing big happened, but it was a fun change of pace stocking up on some goods together and being in silent agreement about every item we bought. 

3. I cooked dinner tonight! 

Well, spontaneously, Debbie sliced a mixing bowl full of vegetable pieces, but I then had fun stir frying tofu, Thai wheat noodles, and that bowl of cut vegetables into a delicious and relaxing stir fry. 

No comments: