Saturday, December 1, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 12/01/07: Defense, Showcase, Damned

1. I've spent quite a bit of time today reading the blogs of Public Defenders. It's fascinating. I have enjoyed reading so many posts by men and women who work to make sure that those prosecuting their clients have their evidence in order and have done their work right. It's also fascinating to read about the very very difficult clients they represent.

2. I attended the end of the term Shakespeare Showcase at Lane Community College. I helped start this project back sixteen years ago and tonight, sitting in the theater watching another series of scenes being performed, I had a part of my life, in the Blue Door Theater, flash before my eyes. Moreover, I sat next to Ann Marie who performed the very first scene ever given when this project began in December, 1991.

3. I read excerpts at Google Books of "Defending the Damned" and these pages riveted my attention. I've got to get a copy of this book and devour it.

1 comment:

Amber said...

My neighbor is a Public Defender, and she always has interesting stories to tell. She says she defends a lot of the same people over and over... Sad.

And my Dumb Baby Borther tells me he thanks God for his Public Defender, when he got himself into trouble. He said she cared more about him, than he was caring for himself at times. *I* thank God for HER!

;)