Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 06/18/08: Perfect Look, Broomstick, Tiger Surgery


1. I didn't know Leah had a station at Perfect Look, so I was surprised when I walked in for a haircut and Leah was at the counter. We had a nice talk about things, including how WR 123/Working Class Lit. has been going since Leah took the course four years ago.

2. I've almost recovered. It's startling how much my body feels beaten up when I finish a school year. Well, I'm almost finished. But, all the same, I slept in today, went back to bed, and when I got up and walked around my shoulders and back felt like I'd absorbed blows from a broomstick.

3. Tiger Woods is out for the season with his need for reconstructive knee surgery and the double stress fracture of his tibia. The question all day on the radio has been whether people will watch golf without him on tour. Nothing in my habits of following, watching, or listening to golf on the radio will change: I enjoyed consuming professional golf long before Tiger Woods came along and I'll enjoy it without him there, too.

2 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Hey you (((MrP))) - Im intrigued to know how you KNOW what it feels like to be receive blows from a broomstick :)

x

Go Figure said...

Golf without Tiger...say it isn't so! He has brought excitement into the game and sadly the rest are just also rans...unless and until someone can beat him consistently.